Removalists Rockhampton to Ipswich
Moving families from Rockhampton to Ipswich for well over 100 years.
Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Rockhampton to Ipswich
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family-owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Rockhampton families can count on Whybirds to provide a reliable moving service that ensures the safety of their goods, and your family is well looked after every step of the way. There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few:
- Whybirds move more families from Rockhampton to Ipswich than probably any other removalist
- Investment in training our own teams of removalists, as well owning our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge advantage over our competitors.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has survived depressions, pandemics, two world wars, fires, dust storms, and floods, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- Our repeat customer business is over 70% of what we do and continues to increase.
- Our core operations are in Queensland and Northern Territory, and we have teams all across the regions.
Our removalists understand that every move has unique requirements. Hence, we plan every move individually and each house removal plan is created to reflect the individual needs of each family, and the schedule on which you need to move.
Having several great team members staying with the Whybirds team for decades, we regularly celebrate staff anniversaries. Awesome people are core to the success of our business, and we love celebrating those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make a difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Rockhampton and different parts of Australia, partnering with other specialised service providers to provide quality moves for every family. Since it started operating, Whybirds has become the leading provider of furniture removals and storage services in Rockhampton, renowned for providing reliable, cost-effective moving solutions for local residents. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Rockhampton to Ipswich
Finding a moving company that offers the quality of moving service you need, at the time you need it, at the price that fits in your budget can be challenging. We’ve outlined a few key factors that will impact the price of your move in order to help you understand how you can potentially reduce your moving costs.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, a queen sized bed is around 1.7cbm, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Rockhampton to Ipswich is about 650km. Your goods will be transported on a truck from Rockhampton to Ipswich. In general, the longer that distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Australians love to move in the summer. Most home sales, job moves, and business moves are concentrated between November and February. Due to this spike in demand, moving companies throughout the country are forced to raise prices by at least 10% during the summer months.
- Access – Our removalists can lift or trolley your things as far as needed, but of course, that takes longer, so our preference is always to be able to park as close to your home as possible.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Some items you have may require an extra bit of help. Stone garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. If you’re taking heavy and bulky items during the move, let us know in advance and we’ll staff it accordingly.
- Early Booking – If you’re moving in summer, book at least two months ahead to avoid disappointment. Booking a month in advance is usually sufficient during the winter months. When you book early, you are more likely to get a better deal from any quality moving company.
To give you an idea of cost, a 20-25 cbm move from Rockhampton to Ipswich is likely to be around $150-$160 per cbm. For larger moves, the price per cbm drops quickly as the volume increases.
What to expect with Rockhampton to Ipswich Removals?
If you’re currently in Rockhampton, you may already know that before European explorers arrived, the people from the Dharambal Aboriginal language group occupied the area that is now known as Rockhampton.
Whether you grew up in the city or you moved their for certain reasons, you may have been curious about how the city got its name and was surprised that it is simply a combination of the word “rock” since the city is located where there was a rock barrier across the Fitzroy River and the English suffix “Hampton” which denotes a place near a body of water. This produces a name which means “A place near the rocks in the river”.
Despite what this lovely city has to offer, you’re obviously moving on to new adventures. Below is a quick overview of your new home.
Ipswich is the oldest provincial city in the state and was established as a mining settlement in 1827. The city soon became a major mining centre and a strong manufacturing region which created a lot of job opportunities for both locals and migrants.
Ipswich is now a multicultural city with residents coming from more than 160 countries, speaking 152 languages. Prior to European settlement, the members of the Jagera, Yuggera, and Ugarapul Aboriginal language groups occupied the Ipswich district.
Once you’re settled in, take advantage of the city enjoys a subtropical climate by taking a walk around various areas of Ipswich to check out the many heritage-listed sites, historical buildings, modern shopping centres, and well-equipped libraries including Queens Park, Ipswich Little Theatre and The Burley Griffin Incinerator.
Your move from Rockhampton to Ipswich
Will see you moving 650km. Whilst you’re moving within the state, your move certainly isn’t a “local move” due to the distance and travel time it takes to complete the move. Depending on the size of your home and the services you have requested for your removal plan, the uplift will take at least an hour, before our trucks drive to your new address to deliver your belongings. If your new residence can’t accommodate all your belongings or you’re planning on moving back to Rockhampton, consider leaving some items for storage in one of our depots near Rockhampton for safekeeping and take them back when you’re ready.
Whatever your reason is for relocating to Rockhampton, you can count on the Whybirds team to provide you with a quality moving experience. Once you are ready to get a quote or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Rockhampton by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Ipswich to Rockhampton
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Ipswich to Rockhampton instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Rockhampton.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Ipswich.
Buy Moving Boxes Rockhampton
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information.
Backload Rockhampton to Ipswich
Backloads are often assumed to be a low cost way of moving. The costs are about the same, but with AFRA-certified moving companies, you will receive a better level of service. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Rockhampton to Ipswich
Whybirds provides vehicle transport services throughout Australia for our moving customers, but we realise you’re not going to need it for this move unless your car is coming from somewhere else, click to learn more if your car is coming from further afield.
Distance from Rockhampton to Ipswich
The distance is 650 km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 7.5 hours.
Furniture Storage Rockhampton
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Rockhampton to Ipswich
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs. To ensure your pet is well cared for, we only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies. You’re not going to need this service for your move to Ipswich, but if your pet is coming from somewhere else, we can help with that!
Fun Facts about Rockhampton
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Rockhampton.
Fun Facts about Ipswich
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Ipswich, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!