Removalists Ipswich to Rockhampton
Moving families from Ipswich to Rockhampton for well over 100 years.
Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Ipswich to Rockhampton
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family-owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Ipswich families can count on Whybirds to provide a reliable moving service that ensures the safety of their goods, and your family is well looked after every step of the way. There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few:
- Whybirds move more families from Ipswich to Rockhampton than any other removalist
- Investment in training our own teams of removalists, as well owning our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge advantage over our competitors.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has survived depressions, pandemics, two world wars, fires, dust storms, and floods, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- Our repeat customer business is over 70% of what we do and continues to increase.
- Our core operations are in Queensland and Northern Territory, and we have teams all across the regions.
We plan every move individually, and our removals teams recognise that each move is unique. Each house removal plan is created to reflect the individual needs of each family, and the schedule on which you need to move.
We regularly celebrate staff anniversaries, with many great team members staying with the Whybirds team for decades. Awesome people are core to the success of our business, and we love to celebrate those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make a difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Ipswich and different parts of Australia, partnering with other specialised service providers to provide quality moves for every family. Since it started operating, Whybirds has become the leading furniture removalists and storage services provider in Ipswich, offering reliable and cost-effective moving services. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Ipswich to Rockhampton
Finding a moving company that offers the quality of moving service you need, at the time you need it, at the price that fits in your budget can be challenging. We’ve outlined a few key factors that will impact the price of your move in order to help you understand how you can potentially reduce your moving costs.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, a queen sized bed is around 1.7cbm, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Ipswich to Rockhampton is about 650 km. Trucks will transport your belongings (furniture and personal effects) from Ipswich to Rockhampton. Generally, the longer the distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Australians prefer moving during the summer. The majority of home sales, job moves, and business moves occur between November and February. During the summer months, the spike in demand causes moving companies to strain their resources, resulting in a price spike of at least 10%.
- Access – We will be able to lift or carry your things as far as needed, but it will take longer, so we prefer to be able to park as close to your home as possible.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Moving bulky or heavy items requires assistance sometimes. Stone garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. When possible, we prefer that you let us know in advance if you will be moving heavy and bulky items during your move, so we can staff your move appropriately and make sure our removalists have the proper equipment to safely transport your belongings.
- Early Booking – Make sure to book at least two months in advance if you are moving during the summer. During the winter months, a month is usually sufficient for scheduling. It is more likely that any quality removalist will give you a better price if you book as early as possible.
To give you an idea of cost, a 20-25 cbm move from Ipswich to Rockhampton is likely to be around $145-$155 per cbm. For larger moves, the price per cbm drops quickly as the volume increases.
What to expect with Ipswich to Rockhampton Removals?
If you’re currently in Ipswich, it’s not surprising if you have already ticked several historical sites and buildings off the list of places to visit in Ipswich. Being the oldest provincial city in Queensland, Ipswich has a rich history and this is easily visible with the number of well-preserved homes and buildings located in different areas of the city. If you’re deciding to relocate soon, you can revisit some of your favourite spots or visit those that you haven’t been to before. For a guided tour, try the Ipswich Heritage Trails where you will be taken to historical sites, especially heritage-listed sites including churches in Grandchester, Rosewood, Walloon, Marburg, and Peak Crossing. You may also visit the Burley Griffin Incinerator which is now home to the Ipswich Little Theatre and enjoy a meal at Pauline Hanson’s Old Fish Shop.
Once you’re ready to move, try to get to know the new city you’re moving to so you won’t be too overwhelmed when you get there.
Prior to the arrival of European explorers, Rockhampton was occupied by the people from the Dharambal Aboriginal Language group. Whilst some people may be curious about the unique origins and meaning of its name, Rockhampton is simple a combination of the word “rock” since the city is located where there was a rock barrier across the Fitzroy River and the English suffix “hampton” which denotes a place that is near a body of water. In this case, it produces a name which means “a place near the rocks in the river”.
Once you’ve unpacked your belongings or when you need a break from organising your new home, take some time to explore the many man-made and natural attractions in the city, including Botanic Gardens and Rockhampton Zoo, Rockhampton Historical Society Museum, Dreamtime Cultural Centre, Kershaw Gardens, Heritage Tavern, and many more.
Your move from Ipswich to Rockhampton
Will see you moving 650km. Whilst you’re moving in the same state, your move to Rockhampton can hardly be considered a local move due to the distance and travel time required to reach your destination and complete your move. Depending on the size of your home and the services you have requested for your removal plan, the uplift should be completed in less than a day, and we then transport your furniture to your new address to deliver your belongings.
If your new residence can’t accommodate all your belongings or you’re planning on moving back to Ipswich, consider leaving some items for storage in Ipswich for safekeeping and take them back when you’re ready.
Whybirds can assist you whether you’re moving to Rockhampton to enjoy the scenery or to be closer to work, or to give your children better schooling options. Once you are ready to get a quote or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Ipswich by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Rockhampton to Ipswich
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Rockhampton to Ipswich instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Ipswich.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Rockhampton.
Buy Moving Boxes Ipswich
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information.
Backload Ipswich to Rockhampton
Backloading is commonly thought to be a low-cost option. The costs are about the same, but with AFRA-certified moving companies, you will receive a better level of service. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Ipswich to Rockhampton
Whybirds provides vehicle transport services throughout Australia for our moving customers, but we realise you’re not going to need it for this move unless your car is coming from somewhere else, click to learn more if your car is coming from further afield.
Distance from Ipswich to Rockhampton
The distance is 650km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 7.5hours.
Furniture Storage Ipswich
Whybirds has purpose-built warehouses throughout Queensland and the Northern Territory where you can store your furniture safely and securely.
Dog Transport Ipswich to Rockhampton
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs. To ensure your pet is relocated in the most convenient way possible, we only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies. You’re unlikely to need this service for your move to Rockhampton, but if your pet is coming from somewhere else, we can help with that!
Fun Facts about Ipswich
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Ipswich.
Fun Facts about Rockhampton
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Rockhampton, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!