Removalists Ipswich to Hervey Bay
Moving families from Ipswich to Hervey Bay for well over 100 years.
Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Ipswich to Hervey Bay
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family-owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Ipswich families can count on Whybirds to provide a reliable moving service that ensures the safety of their goods, and your family is well looked after every step of the way. There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few:
- Whybirds move more families moving from Ipswich to Hervey Bay than any other removalist
- Investment in training our own teams of removalists, as well owning our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge advantage over our competitors.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has prospered through depressions, pandemics, two world wars, fires, dust storms, and floods, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- Our repeat customer business is over 70% of what we do and continues to increase.
- Our core operations are in Queensland and Northern Territory, and we have teams all across the regions.
We plan every move individually, and our removals teams recognise that each move is unique. Each house removal plan is created to reflect the individual needs of each family, and the schedule on which you need to move.
We regularly celebrate staff anniversaries, with many great team members staying with the Whybirds team for decades. Awesome people are core to the success of our business, and we love to celebrate those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make a difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Ipswich and different parts of Australia, partnering with other specialised service providers to provide quality moves for every family. Since it started operating, Whybirds has become the leading furniture removalists and storage services provider in Ipswich, offering reliable and cost-effective moving services. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Ipswich to Hervey Bay
Finding a moving company that offers the quality of moving service you need, at the time you need it, at the price that fits in your budget can be challenging. We’ve outlined a few key factors that will impact the price of your move in order to help you understand how you can potentially reduce your moving costs.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, a queen sized bed is around 1.7cbm, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Ipswich to Hervey Bay is about 320 km. Your belongings (furniture and personal effects) will be transported via truck from Ipswich to Hervey Bay. In general, the longer the distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Australians prefer to move during the summer. Most home sales, job moves, and business moves occur between November and February. Because of the spike in demand, moving companies face a strain on resources, which in turn leads to prices spiking by at least 10% during the summer months.
- Access – Our removalists can lift or trolley your things as far as needed, but of course, that takes longer, so our preference is always to be able to park as close to your home as possible.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – It is sometimes necessary to have assistance with preparing and moving bulky/heavy items. Stone garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. If you’re taking heavy and bulky items during the move, let us know in advance and we’ll staff it accordingly and have our removalists take the appropriate equipment to safely move your belongings.
- Early Booking – Make sure to book at least two months in advance if you are moving during the summer. During the winter months, a month is usually sufficient for scheduling. It is more likely that any quality removalist will give you a better price if you book as early as possible.
To give you an idea of cost, a 30-35 cbm move from Ipswich to Hervey Bay is likely to be around $120-$130 per cbm. For larger moves, the price per cbm drops quickly as the volume increases.
What to expect with Ipswich to Hervey Bay Removals?
If you’re currently in Ipswich, you’ve probably heard about the history of Ipswich as the oldest provincial city in the state. The city was established as a mining settlement in 1827. The city soon became a major mining centre and a strong manufacturing region — creating a lot of job opportunities for both locals and migrants. It is now a multicultural city with residents coming from more than 160 countries, speaking 152 languages. Prior to European settlement, the members of the Jagera, Yuggera, and Ugarapul Aboriginal language groups occupied the Ipswich district.
Once you’re settled in, take advantage of the city enjoys a subtropical climate by taking a walk around various areas of Ipswich to check out the many heritage-listed sites, historical buildings, modern shopping centres, and well-equipped libraries including Queens Park, Ipswich Little Theatre and The Burley Griffin Incinerator. No matter how interesting the city’s culture is, you may have something more suitable to your preferences in the city you’re moving to.
Hervey Bay was named after Augusts John Hervey, the third Earl of Bristol and a member of the Royal Navy and the Member of Parliament for Bury St Edmunds. For many years, Hervey Bay’s primary industry was sugar cane. It is also home to a unique gemstone called Uranganite, which are formed from the coloured sands of the area.
Recently, Hervey Bay’s economy has come to rely heavily on tourism, especially on whale watching in Platipus Bay, with locals and tourists enjoying different water activities or relaxing on the sand. Once you’re done unpacking, be a tourist and explore some of the city’s most popular destinations including the Urangan Pier, Reefworld Aquarium, Hervey Bay Botanic Gardens, the nearby Fraser Island, and other exciting spots near and within the city.
Your move from Ipswich to Hervey Bay
will see you moving 320km. Although you’re moving in the same state, the distance or travel time from your old home to your new residence is just a bit too far to be considered a local move. Depending on the size of your home and the services you have requested for your removal plan, the uplift will take less than a day for most movies, before our trucks drive to your new address to deliver your belongings. Your belongings are unlikely to be delivered the same day for most moves (although, if you need that, do let us know and we’ll suggest how to make that work). If your new residence can’t accommodate all your belongings or you’re planning on moving back to Ipswich, consider leaving some items for storage in Ipswich for safekeeping and take them back when you’re ready.
You can rely on the Whybirds team to provide you with a quality moving experience no matter if you’re moving to Hervey Bay to change scenery, move closer to work, or to provide better schooling options for your kids. Once you are ready to get a quote or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Ipswich by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Hervey Bay to Ipswich
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Hervey Bay to Ipswich instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Ipswich.
Removalists Hervey Bay
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Hervey Bay.
Buy Moving Boxes Ipswich
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information.
Backload Ipswich to Hervey Bay
Backloads are often assumed to be a low cost way of moving. The costs are about the same, but with AFRA-certified moving companies, you will receive a better level of service. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Ipswich to Hervey Bay
Whybirds provides vehicle transport services throughout Australia for our moving customers, but we realise you’re not going to need it for this move unless your car is coming from somewhere else, click to learn more if your car is coming from further afield.
Distance from Ipswich to Hervey Bay
The distance is 320km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 3.5hours.
Furniture Storage Ipswich
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Ipswich to Gold Coast
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs. We only work with Australia’s best pet movers to ensure your pet is well taken care of. You won’t need this service if you’re moving to the Gold Coast, but if your pet is moving from somewhere else, we can help!
Fun Facts about Ipswich
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Ipswich.
Fun Facts about Hervey Bay
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Hervey Bay, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!