Removalists Darwin to Mackay
Moving families from Darwin to Mackay for over 100 years
Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Darwin to Mackay
As a successful, family-owned Australian removals business with over 160 years of experience, Whybirds’ heritage shows why we are one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Whybirds Removals & Storage offers a tailored service that ensures your family and your furniture are looked after every step of the way. Here are a few of the reasons to trust Whybirds with your move:
- Established in 1857, and still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Consistently great reviews from our customers.
- Over 70% of our customers are moving with us for a 2nd or more time.
- Operations covering virtually all of Queensland and Northern Territory.
- Moving more families from Darwin to Mackay than almost any other removalist.
- Our own fleet of trucks and road trains traversing up and down the East Coast, and into the outback on a daily basis.
- Family owned and operated, and proudly supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions
Since every move is unique, our removals teams create removal plans that are designed to reflect the individual needs of every family we relocate.
With Whybirds, you’ll discover that our people make the difference. Take a moment to read our reviews, and see what customers like you say about our amazing people.
Serving Darwin and surrounding areas for generations, Whybirds is the furniture removalist and furniture storage services provider of choice in the area, providing reliable and cost-effective solutions for Australians for well over 100 years. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Darwin to Mackay
One of the first questions you will ask is how much a removalist will cost, and while the answer may not be as straightforward as you’d like, we would like to help you understand how you can manage those costs, and minimise them where possible.
Here’s a breakdown of the key factors that will influence the price of your move:
- Move Volume – we estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). A studio apartment lightly furnished might be as little as 5cbm, and a larger family home will typically be over 35cbm.
- Distance between origin and destination – in this case, the distance from Darwin to Mackay is about 2,800 km. We use rail on some lanes, and roads where that is not possible. In general, the longer that distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Pricing across the country is always higher during peak season in the summer, and it increases by at least 10%. Removalists across Australia are in high demand in the summer. Long hours, weekends, and much of Australia wants to move at the same time – and that inevitably means average costs are higher at that time of the year. For Darwin, that peak can be even more pronounced.
- Access – If our moving trucks can’t park close by your home’s entrance, then our removalists spend more time walking to the truck. That’s ok, but it means your move takes longer, and in some cases, we need to keep a staff member as security on the truck to ensure your items are kept safe and secure.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Our removalists are of course strong! We have all the right gear to move your heavy items, but on some items they require an extra man (or more) to help them move it. Extra staff means extra cost.
- Early Booking – If you book early, you’ll almost always get better pricing than if you book late. If you’re moving in the summer months, book at least two months ahead to avoid disappointment. In the winter, one month is typically ok.
As an indication of cost, a 10-15cbm move from Darwin to Mackay is likely to be around $270-$280 per cbm. Pricing per cbm goes down quickly as volume increases.
What to expect with Darwin to Mackay Removals?
Darwin was named after the famous British evolutionist Charles Darwin. The name was bestowed to the city by his former shipmate, Lieutenant John Stokes, the first European to observe Port Darwin in 1839. Whilst many people know that the Larrakia people are the traditional landowners that lived in the greater Darwin region even before European settlement, only a few knew that before the settlement, the Larrakia people had already established trading routes with South and Western Australia and South East Asia.
Mackay is one of Queensland’s fastest-growing coastal cities. Whilst the city is known for its beautiful beaches and marinas, its residents and visitors are often warned to be careful while swimming or doing other water activities due to the danger of deadly stingers in the water. Mackay has several important port facilities and a range of hotels and motels to cater to tourists and backpackers visiting the city. As you settle in, find some time to try the city’s extensive list of boating facilities, explore its fascinating hinterland, and fill your tummy in one of its many cafes and restaurants.
Your move from Darwin to Mackay
If you’re moving from Darwin to Mackay, you will be around 2800km away (30 hours non-stop driving) from your old home. Our team in Darwin will very likely complete your uplift in one day for most homes, then ship your goods to Mackay on one of our road trains. Our fleet of long haul vehicles ply the outback between Darwin and Mackay several times a week, hauling precious family memories the distance, and taking several days to get there. If you’re on the road and see one of our road trains, give our long haul drivers a friendly wave – it can get lonely out there on Australia’s long roads and they’d love to wave back!
Whether you’re moving to Mackay to pursue better career opportunities or for a change of scenery, you can count on our team of reliable removalists to assist you with your move. If you want a quote or are interested in speaking with one of our moving experts about your move, please don’t hesitate to contact us by phone at (08) 8947 1922. If you require assistance in vehicle transport from Darwin to Mackay or you need moving boxes in Darwin to prepare your belongings, our team will be delighted to help.
If all the information above wasn’t what you’re looking for, here are a few links and helpful bits of information… Hopefully this helps you find what you’re looking for on our site
Removalists Mackay to Darwin
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Mackay to Darwin instead (Google works in mysterious ways!).
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Darwin.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalists Mackay.
Buy Moving Boxes Darwin
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for a more information
Backload Darwin to Mackay
We find a lot of customers asking for a backload, expecting that this is going to be a lot cheaper than a full-service move from a company like Whybirds, but it’s not always the case. Why not reach out and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Darwin to Mackay
Distance from Darwin to Mackay
The distance is 2,800km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 30 hours.
Furniture Storage Darwin
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Darwin to Mackay
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs (cats welcome too!). We only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies to ensure your pet is properly cared for.
Fun Facts about Darwin
Our customers live in interesting places, click the link for top 10 fun facts about Darwin.
Fun Facts about Mackay
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Mackay, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!