Removalists Brisbane to Ipswich
Moving families from Brisbane to Ipswich for well over 100 years
Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Brisbane to Ipswich
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family-owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Brisbane families can count on Whybirds to provide a reliable moving service that ensures the safety of their goods, and your family is well looked after every step of the way. There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few:
- Whybirds move more families moving from Brisbane to Ipswich than probably any other removalist.
- Investment in training our own teams of removalists, as well owning our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge advantage over our competitors.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has survived depressions, pandemics, two world wars, fires, dust storms, and floods, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- Our repeat customer business is over 70% of what we do and continues to increase.
- Our core operations are in Queensland and Northern Territory, and we have teams all across the regions.
Our removalists understand that every move has unique requirements. Hence, we plan every move individually and each house removal plan is created to reflect the individual needs of each family, and the schedule on which you need to move. Having several great team members staying with the Whybirds team for decades, we regularly celebrate staff anniversaries. Awesome people are core to the success of our business, and we love celebrating those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make a difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Brisbane and different parts of Australia, partnering with other specialised service providers to provide quality moves for every family. Since it started operating, Whybirds has become the leading provider of furniture removals and storage services in Brisbane, renowned for providing reliable, cost-effective moving solutions for local residents. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Brisbane to Ipswich
Choosing a moving company that offers the quality of service you need, at the time when you need it, and at an affordable price can be challenging. In order to help you understand how you can potentially lower your moving costs, we outline a few key factors that will affect the price of your move.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, a queen sized bed is around 1.7cbm, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Brisbane to Ipswich is about 44 km. Your goods will be transported on a truck from Brisbane to Ipswich. In general, the longer that distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Australians love to move in the summer. Most home sales, job moves, and business moves are concentrated between November and February. Due to this spike in demand, moving companies throughout the country are forced to raise prices by at least 10% during the summer months.
- Access – Our removalists can lift or trolley your things as far as needed, but of course, that takes longer, so our preference is always to be able to park as close to your home as possible.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Some items you have may require an extra bit of help. Stone garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. If you’re taking heavy and bulky items during the move, let us know in advance and we’ll staff it accordingly.
- Early Booking – If you’re moving in summer, book at least two months ahead to avoid disappointment. Booking a month in advance is usually sufficient during the winter months. When you book early, you are more likely to get a better deal from any quality moving company.
To give you an idea of cost, a 25-30 cbm move from Brisbane to Ipswich is likely to be around $80-$90 per cbm. With larger moves, the price drops rapidly as the volume increases.
What to expect with Brisbane to Ipswich Removals?
If you’re currently in Brisbane, you probably heard some interesting facts and stories about the city. Brisbane was named after the former governor of New South Wales, Sir Thomas Brisbane, who established the city’s original penal statement in the 1820s.
The city was known as Meanjin, a term that means “place shaped like a spike”, to the Aboriginal people. The city is home to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the largest and oldest Koala Sanctuary in the world. During your stay, you may have visited some of the most popular attractions in the city including Brisbane Botanic Gardens, Moreton Island, South Bank Parklands, Mount Coot-tha Lookout, and more.
If you’re ready to move on and leave all these behind, let’s get to know a few interesting things about the city you’re moving to.
Ipswich was probably named after a city in England. Convicts who arrived in the district named it “Limestone Hills” because they were hired to quarry limestone. It was changed after 1842 when the plans for the town were drawn with the title “Proposed Plan of the Town of Limestone”. Then-Governor Gipps overruled this and named the town Ipswich.
As the oldest provincial city in Queensland, the city has an extensive list of historical buildings and landmarks that locals and tourists can visit to learn more about the city’s rich history and culture. When you’re done unpacking your belongings and are ready to explore, you may take the Ipswich Heritage trails which will guide you in visiting some of the most iconic and historical buildings such as St Mary’s Catholic Church and Presbytery, Claremont, Ginn Cottage, Ipswich Hospice, Queensland Times Building, The Bostock Chambers, and more.
Your move from Brisbane to Ipswich
Will see you moving only 44km and it’s a local move route that our professional removalists are very familiar with. Depending on the size of your home and the services you have requested to be included on your removals plan, most moves will be completed on the same day (that is unless you need to put your items in storage for a while). If you’re not staying in Ipswich for a long time and you plan on returning to Brisbane after some time, putting your belongings in storage in Brisbane is an option you can consider instead of taking everything with you.
No matter what your reason is for moving to Ipswich, you can count on Whybirds’ team of professional removalists to provide you with a quality moving experience. Once you are ready to get a quote or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Brisbane by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Ipswich to Brisbane
Click the link if you were intending to search for Removalists Ipswich to Brisbane instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Brisbane.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Ipswich.
Buy Moving Boxes Brisbane
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information.
Backload Brisbane to Ipswich
Backloads are often assumed to be a low cost way of moving. The costs are about the same, but with AFRA-certified moving companies, you will receive a better level of service. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Brisbane to Ipswich
Whybirds provides vehicle transport services throughout Australia for our moving customers, but we realise you’re not going to need it for this move unless your car is coming from somewhere else, click to learn more if your car is coming from further afield.
Distance from Brisbane to Ipswich
The distance is only 44km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 1 hour.
Furniture Storage Brisbane
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Brisbane to Ipswich
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs. To ensure your pet is well cared for, we only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies. You’re not going to need this service for your move to Ipswich, but if your pet is coming from somewhere else, we can help with that!
Fun Facts about Brisbane
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Brisbane.
Fun Facts about Ipswich
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Ipswich, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!