Removalists Ipswich to Brisbane
Moving families from Ipswich to Brisbane for well over 100 years.
Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Ipswich to Brisbane
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family-owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Ipswich families can count on Whybirds to provide a reliable moving service that ensures the safety of their goods, and your family is well looked after every step of the way. There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few :
- Whybirds move more families from Ipswich to Brisbane than any other removalist
- Investment in training our own teams of removalists, as well owning our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge advantage over our competitors.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has survived depressions, pandemics, two world wars, fires, dust storms, and floods, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- Our repeat customer business is over 70% of what we do and continues to increase.
- Our core operations are in Queensland and Northern Territory, and we have teams all across the regions.
We plan every move individually, and our removals teams recognise that each move is unique. Each house removal plan is created to reflect the individual needs of each family, and the schedule on which you need to move.
We regularly celebrate staff anniversaries, with many great team members staying with the Whybirds team for decades. Awesome people are core to the success of our business, and we love to celebrate those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make a difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Ipswich and different parts of Australia, partnering with other specialised service providers to provide quality moves for every family. Since it started operating, Whybirds has become the furniture removalist and furniture storage services provider of choice in the area, well-known for providing dependable and cost-effective moving solutions for Ipswich residents. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Ipswich to Brisbane
Finding a moving company that offers the quality of moving service you need, at the time you need it, at the price that fits in your budget can be challenging. We’ve outlined a few key factors that will impact the price of your move in order to help you understand how you can potentially reduce your moving costs.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, a queen sized bed is around 1.7cbm, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Ipswich to Brisbane is about 40 km. Your goods will be transported on a truck from Ipswich to Brisbane. In general, the longer that distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Australians love to move in the summer. Home sales, job moves, and business moves are mostly concentrated between November and February. This spike in demand places a strain on the resources of moving companies across the country, which ultimately leads to price increases of at least 10% during the summer months.
- Access – Our removalists can lift or trolley your things as far as needed, but of course, that takes longer, so our preference is always to be able to park as close to your home as possible.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Some items you have may require an extra bit of help. Stone garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. If you’re taking heavy and bulky items during the move, let us know in advance and we’ll staff it accordingly.
- Early Booking – If you’re moving in summer, book at least two months ahead to avoid disappointment. Booking a month in advance is usually sufficient during the winter months. It is more likely that any quality removalist will give you a better price if you book as early as possible.
To give you an idea of cost, a 25-30 cbm move from Ipswich to Brisbane is likely to be around $80-$90 per cbm. For larger moves, the price per cbm drops quickly as the volume increases.
What to expect with Ipswich to Brisbane Removals?
If you’re currently in Ipswich, you must have learned in your classes or from city tours that Ipswich was established as a mining settlement in 1827 and soon became a major mining centre, creating a strong manufacturing region supporting a lot of job opportunities for both locals and seasonal workers. Before European settlement, the members of the Jagera, Yuggera, and Ugarapul Aboriginal language groups occupied the Ipswich district. Even if there are plenty of amazing employment opportunities and places to visit, there are times when the opportunities you seek are found elsewhere. If you’re ready to leave this all behind, let’s get to know a few important things about the city you’re moving to.
Brisbane was named after Sir Thomas Brisbane, the former governor of New South Wales who established the city’s original penal statement in the 1820s. The city was known to the Aboriginal people as Meanjin, meaning “place shaped like a spike”. If you’re moving to Brisbane, it will be easier for you to attend most of the popular events hosted by the city including the Royal Queensland Exhibition (locally known as Ekka), Brisbane Festival, Brisbane International Film Festival, Buddha Birth Day Festival, Anywhere Festival, Caxton Street Seafood and Wine Festival, and more. For more family-friendly activities, you can visit the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary which is the largest Koala sanctuary in the world. Whether you like exploring on your own or you prefer to bring your family and friends, you won’t run out of things to do and places to visit in Brisbane.
Your move from Darwin to Brisbane
Will see you moving only 40km, and it’s a local move route that our professional removalists are very familiar with. Depending on the size of your home and the services you have requested for your removal plan, most moves will be completed on the same day (that is, unless you need to put your items in storage for a while). If you’re not staying in Brisbane for a long time and you plan on returning to Ipswich after some time, putting your belongings in storage in Ipswich is an option you can consider instead of taking everything with you.
Whether you’re moving to Brisbane for better employment opportunities (or to be closer to the office) or school options or just a change in scenery, you can rely on the Whybirds team to provide you with a quality moving experience. Once you are ready to get a quote or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Ipswich by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Brisbane to Ipswich
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Brisbane to Ipswich instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Ipswich.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalists Brisbane.
Buy Moving Boxes Ipswich
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information.
Backload Ipswich to Brisbane
Backloads are often assumed to be a low-cost way of moving. The costs are about the same, but with AFRA-certified moving companies, you will receive a better level of service. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Ipswich to Brisbane
Whybirds provides vehicle transport services throughout Australia for our moving customers, but we realise you’re not going to need it for this move unless your car is coming from somewhere else, click to learn more if your car is coming from further afield.
Distance from Ipswich to Brisbane
The distance is 40km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 0.5 hours.
Furniture Storage Ipswich
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Ipswich to Brisbane
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs. To ensure your pet is well cared for, we only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies. You’re not going to need this service for your move to Brisbane, but if your pet is coming from somewhere else, we can help with that!
Fun Facts about Ipswich
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Ipswich.
Fun Facts about Brisbane
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Brisbane, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!