Removalists Ipswich to Melbourne
Moving families from Ipswich to Melbourne for well over 100 years.
Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Ipswich to Melbourne
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family-owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Ipswich families can count on Whybirds to provide a reliable moving service that ensures the safety of their goods, and your family is well looked after every step of the way. There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few:
- Whybirds move more families from Ipswich to Melbourne than any other removalist
- Investment in training our own teams of removalists, as well owning our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge advantage over our competitors.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has survived depressions, pandemics, two world wars, fires, dust storms, and floods, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- Our repeat customer business is over 70% of what we do and continues to increase.
- Our core operations are in Queensland and Northern Territory, and we have teams all across the regions.
We plan every move individually, and our removals teams recognise that each move is unique. Each house removal plan is created to reflect the individual needs of each family, and the schedule on which you need to move.
We regularly celebrate staff anniversaries, with many great team members staying with the Whybirds team for decades. Awesome people are core to the success of our business, and we love to celebrate those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make a difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Ipswich and different parts of Australia, partnering with other specialised service providers to provide quality moves for every family. Since it started operating, Whybirds has become the furniture removalist and furniture storage services provider of choice in the area, well-known for providing dependable and cost-effective moving solutions for Ipswich residents. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Ipswich to Melbourne
Finding a moving company that offers the quality of moving service you need, at the time you need it, at the price that fits in your budget can be challenging. We’ve outlined a few key factors that will impact the price of your move in order to help you understand how you can potentially reduce your moving costs.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, a queen sized bed is around 1.7cbm, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Ipswich to Melbourne is about 1800 km. Your goods will be transported on a combination of road and rail from Ipswich to Melbourne. In general, the longer that distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Australians love to move in the summer. Most home sales, job moves, and business moves are concentrated between November and February. Moving companies across the country find themselves strained as a result of this spike in demand, which ultimately leads to price increases of at least 10% during the summer months.
- Access – Our removalists can lift or trolley your things as far as needed, but of course, that takes longer, so our preference is always to be able to park as close to your home as possible.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Some items you have may require an extra bit of help. Stone garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. If you’re taking heavy and bulky items during the move, let us know in advance and we’ll staff it accordingly.
- Early Booking – If you’re moving in summer, book at least two months ahead to avoid disappointment. Booking a month in advance is usually sufficient during the winter months. When you book early, you are more likely to get a better deal from any quality moving company.
To give you an idea of cost, a 10-15 cbm move from Ipswich to Melbourne is likely to be around $120-$130 per cbm. For larger moves, the price per cbm drops quickly as the volume increases.
What to expect with Ipswich to Melbourne Removals?
If you’re currently in Ipswich, you’re probably already aware that the area was established as a limestone mining settlement, the town was originally called “The Limestone Hills” which was later shortened to “Limestone”. However, the town was renamed after the town of Ipswich in England in 1843.
When you move to Ipswich, you can look forward to different events and festivals hosted by the city annually. This includes the Ipswich Show, Goodna Jacaranda Festival, Ipswich Festival and more. If you are a history buff and you are appreciative of different cultures, you must have loved living in Ipswich with its rich culture as Queensland’s oldest provincial city. Ipswich is also known for its natural, architectural, and cultural heritage. If you feel that you’re ready to continue with your life in a new city down south, it’s best to learn more about your new home before moving in to help manage your expectations and make it easier to adjust, here’s a bit about Melbourne….
Melbourne was the capital city of Australia between 1901 to 1927 before the capital was shifted to Canberra. Briefly named Batmania after John Batman, Governor Richard Burke named the settlement Melbourne on 10 April 1837 after British Prime Minister, William Lamb, 2nd Viscount of Melbourne. After you’ve moved in, you can start exploring some of the city’s most well-known attractions like Melbourne Cricket Ground, Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, The National Gallery of Victoria, 12 Apostles, Melbourne Zoo, and more. The National Gallery of Victoria in Melbourne is home to the world’s largest stained-glass ceiling. The 15-metre by 51-metre masterpiece is made with 10,000 pieces of hand-cut coloured glass, suspended 13 metres above the ground. Melbourne is also home to the oldest theme park in Australia, Luna Park in St. Kilda which opened in 1912.
Your move from Ipswich to Melbourne
Will see you moving about 1800km. Our team in Ipswich will usually complete your uplift within one day, then ship your goods to Melbourne. Your goods will go most of that distance on rail, making a smooth journey to Melbourne several times a week. If you’re on the road and the train goes by, you may well see one of our colourful Whybirds containers on board, making its way south hauling precious family memories the distance – who knows, maybe its your container!
Whether you’re moving to Melbourne for better employment opportunities (or to be closer to the office) or school options or just a change in scenery, you can rely on the Whybirds team to provide you with a quality moving experience. Once you are ready to get a quote or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Ipswich by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Melbourne to Ipswich
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Melbourne to Ipswich instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Ipswich.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Melbourne.
Buy Moving Boxes Ipswich
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information.
Backload Ipswich to Melbourne
Backloads are often assumed to be a low cost way of moving. The costs are about the same, but with AFRA-certified moving companies, you will receive a better level of service. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Ipswich to Melbourne
Whybirds provides vehicle transport services throughout Australia for our moving customers, and we find that it’s a service used regularly on this moving lane. Make sure you ask your move consultant for about vehicle moving as part of your move – they’d be only too happy to help.
Distance from Ipswich to Melbourne
The distance is about 1800km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 18.5hours.
Furniture Storage Ipswich
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Ipswich to Melbourne
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs. We only work with Australia’s best pet movers to ensure your pet is well taken care of. To ensure your pet is well cared for, we only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies. If you need help with moving your pet as part of your move, just ask and we can take it from there!
Fun Facts about Ipswich
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Ipswich.
Fun Facts about Melbourne
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Melbourne, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!