Removalists Ipswich to Canberra
Moving families from Ipswich to Canberra for over 100 years.
Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Ipswich to Canberra
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family-owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Ipswich families can count on Whybirds to provide a reliable moving service that ensures the safety of their goods, and your family is well looked after every step of the way. There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few:
- Whybirds move more families from Ipswich to Canberra than any other removalist
- Investment in training our own teams of removalists, as well owning our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge advantage over our competitors.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has survived depressions, pandemics, two world wars, fires, dust storms, and floods, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- Our repeat customer business is over 70% of what we do and continues to increase.
- Our core operations are in Queensland and Northern Territory, and we have teams all across the regions.
We plan every move individually, and our removals teams recognise that each move is unique. Each house removal plan is created to reflect the individual needs of each family, and the schedule on which you need to move.
We regularly celebrate staff anniversaries, with many great team members staying with the Whybirds team for decades. Awesome people are core to the success of our business, and we love to celebrate those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make a difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Ipswich and different parts of Australia, partnering with other specialised service providers to provide quality moves for every family. Since it started operating, Whybirds has become the furniture removalist and furniture storage services provider of choice in the area, well-known for providing dependable and cost-effective moving solutions for Ipswich residents. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Ipswich to Canberra
Finding a moving company that offers the quality of moving service you need, at the time you need it, at the price that fits in your budget can be challenging. We’ve outlined a few key factors that will impact the price of your move in order to help you understand how you can potentially reduce your moving costs.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, a queen sized bed is around 1.7cbm, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Ipswich to Canberra is about 1200 km. Your goods will be transported on rail or truck from Ipswich to Canberra. In general, the longer that distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Australians love to move in the summer. Most home sales, job moves, and business moves occur between November and February. Moving companies across the country find themselves strained as a result of this spike in demand, which ultimately leads to price increases of at least 10% during the summer months.
- Access – Our removalists can lift or trolley your things as far as needed, but of course, that takes longer, so our preference is always to be able to park as close to your home as possible.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Some items you have may require an extra bit of help. Stone garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. If you’re taking heavy and bulky items during the move, let us know in advance and we’ll staff it accordingly.
- Early Booking – If you’re moving in summer, book at least two months ahead to avoid disappointment. Booking a month in advance is usually sufficient during the winter months. When you book early, you are more likely to get a better deal from any quality moving company.
To give you an idea of cost, a 15-20 cbm move from Ipswich to Canberra is likely to be around $115-$125 per cbm. For larger moves, the price per cbm drops quickly as the volume increases.
What to expect with Ipswich to Canberra Removals?
If you’re currently in Ipswich, you probably had plenty of time to enjoy the city’s subtropical climate which creates abundant beautiful days for locals and tourists to enjoy the heritage-listed sites and historical buildings in the area.
Ipswich is one of the fastest-growing cities in Queensland. Due to its proximity to three airports, six major highways, rail, and the Port of Brisbane, there is a wide variety of job opportunities that are available to locals, as well as migrants who moved to the city.
For some years, Health Care and Social Assistance have been the largest employer in Ipswich. Whilst there are plenty of opportunities here, you may still find others that are more suitable for your skills. Before moving, it is highly recommended that you look up some valuable information about the city you’re moving to.
Canberra was chosen to be the capital for Australia in 1909, as a compromise to end the argument between Sydney and Melbourne, the two biggest cities in Australia, both vying for the title. The Ngunnawal people, the original custodians of the lands, have considered the Canberra Region their home for over 21,000 years. The name of the city was derived from their language, a word which means “meeting place”.
There are more than 30 wineries in and around Canberra. Over the years, the number of wineries has been growing steadily and its growth is often attributed to the area’s climate which is conducive to creating wine. You can choose to take a tour or just rest and enjoy your wine at Shaw Wines, Mount Majura Vineyard, Brindabella Hills Winery, Eden Road Wines, Lake George Winery, or other wineries/vineyards in the area.
Your move from Ipswich to Canberra
Will see you moving about 1200km. For most homes, our team in Ipswich will complete your uplift in one day or less, then ship your goods to Canberra. The trip from Ipswich to Canberra is usually a combination of road and rail, depending on your move schedule and the size of your move.
No matter what your reason is for moving to Canberra, you can rely on the Whybirds team to provide you with a quality moving experience. When you are ready to get a quote for your first move or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Ipswich by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Canberra to Ipswich
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Canberra to Ipswich instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Ipswich.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Canberra.
Buy Moving Boxes Ipswich
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information.
Backload Ipswich to Canberra
Backloads are often assumed to be a low cost way of moving. The costs are about the same, but with AFRA-certified moving companies, you will receive a better level of service. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Ipswich to Canberra
Whybirds provides vehicle transport services throughout Australia for our moving customers. If you decide to fly, and want us to take care of moving the vehicle(s), just ask your move consultant for help on that we’ll sort it all out for you.
Distance from Ipswich to Canberra
The distance is about 1200km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 12.5 hours.
Furniture Storage Ipswich
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Ipswich to Canberra
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs. To ensure your pet is well cared for, we only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies. If you’re considering flying and can’t take your pet with you, just let us know and we’d be happy to help.
Fun Facts about Ipswich
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Ipswich.
Fun Facts about Canberra
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Canberra, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!