Removalists Gold Coast to Ipswich
Moving families from Gold Coast to Ipswich for nearly 100 years
Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Gold Coast to Ipswich
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia, and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Whybirds offers Gold Coast families a reliable moving service that ensures your goods, and your family, are well looked after every step of the way. There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few:
- Whybirds moves more families moving from Gold Coast to Ipswich than any other removalist
- Investment in our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge advantage in delivery times and control of our own logistics, not many removalist companies make that kind of investment in delivery capabilities for their customers.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has survived depressions, pandemics, and two world wars, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- Our repeat customer business is over 70% of what we do, and continues to increase.
- Our primary operations are in Queensland and the Northern Territory, and we have teams throughout the regions.
We plan every move individually, and our removals teams recognise that each move is unique. Every family’s removal plan is created according to their specific needs and the specific date for moving.We regularly celebrate staff staying with the Whybirds team for decades. Great people are core to the success of our business, and we love to celebrate those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make the difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Gold Coast from well before it became more popular after the coastal road from Brisbane was completed in 1925. Since then, Whybirds has since become the furniture removalist and furniture storage services provider of choice in the area, well known for providing dependable and cost-effective moving solutions for Gold Coast residents since the city began. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Gold Coast to Ipswich
Selecting a moving company that can provide you the quality of moving service you need, at the time you need it, at the price point that works for you can be difficult. To help you understand how you can potentially reduce your moving costs, we’ve listed a few key factors that will influence the price of your move.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Gold Coast to Ipswich is about 100 km. To improve efficiency for our customers, we use rail on some lanes, roads where that is not possible, and often a combination of both. Generally, the longer the distance, the more expensive it is.
- Seasonality – Australians love to move in the summer. School holidays, home sales, job relocations, and business moves all tend to be concentrated at one time of the year, between November to February. That spike in demand constrains the resources of moving companies around the country, and ultimately means prices increase by at least 10% during the summer months.
- Access – Our removalists can lift or trolley your things as far as needed, but of course, that takes longer, so our preference is always to be able to park as close to your home as possible.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Some items, especially the heavy and bulky ones, may require extra assistance. Stone garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. Just let us know if you are moving such items, and we’ll staff it accordingly.
- Early Booking – Book your move at least two months ahead if you are moving in the summer since this is usually the time when almost all removalists are booked out. In the winter, one month is typically ok. The earlier you book the more likely you are to get a better price from any quality removalist.
To give you an idea of cost, a 25-30 cbm move from Gold Coast to Ipswich is likely to be around $80-$90 per cbm. For moves larger than that, pricing per cbm goes down quickly in relation to the volume going up.
What to expect with Gold Coast to Ipswich Removals?
If you’re currently in Gold Coast, you may have heard that Gold Coast was once known as “South Coast” or perhaps you were even there when the name was changed in 1958. At first, the city was called “Gold Coast” due to the inflated cost of goods and real estate properties in the area and the locals found the name to be derogatory. This changed as the tourism industry grew in the town, so local businesses began to adopt the new name until the town was later renamed as “the Town of Gold Coast.” The city is known for having the largest concentration of theme parks in the southern hemisphere. In 2016, Gold Coast was featured in the QS Best Students Cities Report dubbed as the best beach-side city in the world.
Traditionally known in the Yagara language as Tulmur, Ipswich has been home to Aboriginal people for thousands of years prior to European settlement. Established as a limestone mining settlement, the town was initially called “The Limestone Hills” which was later shortened to “Limestone”. However, the town was renamed after the town of Ipswich in England in 1843. When you move to Ipswich, you can look forward to different events and festivals hosted by the city annually. This includes the Ipswich Show, Goodna Jacaranda Festival, Ipswich Festival and more. If you are fond of learning about culture and history, you’d definitely love Ipswich for its rich culture as it is Queensland’s oldest provincial city. Ipswich is also known for its natural, architectural, and cultural heritage. Once you’re done unpacking and you’re ready to explore, you can visit the city and explore one of its more than 6000 heritage-listed sites and popular attractions.
Your move from Gold Coast to Ipswich
will see you moving around 100km. Since this is almost considered a local move (albeit a relatively long one), it is one of the moves that our professional removalists are very familiar with. Depending on the size of your home and the services you have requested for your removal plan, the uplift may take anywhere from an hour or so, up to a whole day before our trucks drive to your new address to deliver your belongings (on the same day for smaller moves, or the next day for others). If you’re not staying in Ipswich for a long time and you plan on returning to Gold Coast after some time, putting your belongings in storage Gold Coast or Ipswich is an option you can consider instead of taking everything with you in your new home.
No matter what your reason is for making the move to Ipswich, you can rely on the Whybirds team to provide you with a quality moving experience. Once you are ready to get a quote or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Gold Coast by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Ipswich to Gold Coast
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Ipswich to Gold Coast instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Removalists Gold Coast
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalists Gold Coast.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalists Ipswich.
Buy Moving Boxes Gold Coast
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on <link>moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for a more information
Backload Gold Coast to Ipswich
Backloads are often assumed to be a low cost way of moving. In reality, this is not always the case. The costs are almost the same and you won’t get the quality of service and convenience that you get with an AFRA certified removals company. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Gold Coast to Ipswich
Distance from Gold Coast to Ipswich
The distance is around 100km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 1.5 hours.
Furniture Storage Gold Coast
Whybirds has purpose-built warehouses in Queensland and the Northern Territory for storing your furniture in a safe and secure manner, with a major facility based in Ipswich.
Dog Transport Gold Coast to Ipswich
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs (cats welcome too!). For your pet’s well-being, we work only with the best pet moving companies in Australia. Its a short distance, but if you can’t take your pets yourself, we can certainly help.
Fun Facts about Gold Coast
Our customers live in interesting places, click the link for top 10 fun facts about Gold Coast.
Fun Facts about Ipswich
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Ipswich, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!