Removalists Darwin to Rockhampton
Moving families from Darwin to Rockhampton for over 100 years
Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Darwin to Rockhampton
As a successful, family-owned Australian removals business with over 160 years of experience, our commitment and longevity shows why we are one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Whybirds Removals & Storage offers a tailored service that ensures your family and your furniture are looked after every step of the way. Here are a few of the reasons to trust Whybirds with your move:
- Moving more families from Darwin to Rockhampton than almost any other removalist.
- We own our fleet of trucks and roadtrains traversing the East Coast, and Australian outback, controlling the entire logistics chain with your household goods.
- Family owned and operated, we proudly support local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions.
- Established over 160 years ago, and going strong since 1857.
- Consistently great reviews from our customers.
- Over 70% of our customers each year are repeat customers.
- Operations all throughout Queensland and Northern Territory.
Every move is different, and our removals teams recognise this with removal plans that are created to reflect the uniqueness of every family that we move.
With Whybirds, you’ll discover that our people make the difference, everyone from our move consultants, to our removalists. Just read our reviews, and see what customers like you say about our amazing people.
Serving Darwin and surrounding areas for generations, Whybirds is the furniture removalist and furniture storage services provider of choice in the area, providing reliable and cost-effective solutions for Australians for well
over 100 years. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Darwin to Rockhampton
The cost of hiring a removalist is likely going to be one of the first questions you ask, and whilst the answer is not really as black and white as you’d like, we’ll help you at least understand how you can manage those costs, and minimise them where possible.
Here’s a breakdown of the key factors that will influence the price of your move:
- Move Volume – we estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). A small studio apartment might be 5cbm, and a large family home is typically over 35cbm.
- Distance between origin and destination – in this case, the distance from Darwin to Rockhampton is about 2,900 km. We use rail on some lanes, and roads where that is not possible. In general, the longer that distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Pricing across the country is always higher during peak season in the summer by at least 10%. Removalists across Australia are in high demand in the summer – they work long hours, weekends, and its tough work – and that inevitably means average costs are higher at that time of the year. For Darwin, that peak is even more pronounced.
- Access – If our moving trucks can’t park right by your property, then our removalists spend more time walking to the truck. That’s ok, but it means your move takes longer, and in some cases, we need to keep a staff member as security on the truck.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Our removalists are strong, and have all the right gear to move your heavy items, but on some items they require an extra man (or more) to help them move it.
- Early Booking – If you book early, you’ll almost always get better pricing than if you book late. If you’re moving in summer, book at least two months ahead to avoid disappointment. In the winter, one month is typically ok.
As an indication of cost, a 15-20cbm move from Darwin to Rockhampton is likely to be around $170-$180 per cbm. Pricing per cbm goes down quickly as volume increases.
What to expect with Darwin to Rockhampton Removals?
Located on the coast of the Northern Territory, Australia, Darwin is closer and is less than an hours flight to many of its neighbouring South East Asian countries than the Australian capital and other bigger cities. If you’ve lived in Darwin for many years it may be harder to feel how isolated the city is from others since Darwin has a good number of shopping centres, business establishments, cafes, restaurants, bars, housing establishments for its relatively small population of around 150,000 people. Since Darwin hosts several popular events every year, you may have been to some of the exciting ones which attract many tourists to visit. For example, the annual Darwin Beer Can Regatta where people build boats out of beer cans, bottles, milk cartons, and pop cans, then attempt to make them float in the waters of Mindil Beach. However, if you feel like trying or learning something new somewhere else, it might help to check out some interesting facts about the place you’re moving to.
Rockhampton is a city located in Central Queensland known for beef production and Queenslander architecture, especially in the Allenstown and Range areas. If you’re curious about where it got its name, the name Rockhampton is simply a combination of the word “rock” since the city is located where there was a rock barrier across the Fitzroy River and the English suffix “Hampton” which denotes a place near a body of water. This produces a name which means “A place near the rocks in the river”. The city was once known as a gold mining town and a good number of the more ostentatious buildings in Rockhampton were built using the wealth of the Mount Morgan goldmines.
Rockhampton is also one of the locations where several residents have reported sightings of a meteorite on 02 August 1903. A loud boom that shook houses, rattled tin roofs, and moved telegraph wires was heard just a few minutes after the meteorite was observed.
Your move from Darwin to Rockhampton
If you’re moving from Darwin to Rockhampton, you will be around 2900km away (31 hours non-stop driving) from your old home. Our team in Darwin will most likely be able to complete your uplift in one day, then ship your goods to Rockhampton. Our reliable road trains ply the outback between Darwin and Rockhampton several times a week, hauling your family memories the distance, taking several days to get there over the red sands. If you’re on the road and see one of our road trains, give our long haul drivers a friendly wave and you’re sure to get a friendly wave in reply.
No matter what your reason is for relocating to Rockhampton, you can count on our team of reliable removalists to assist you with your move. Once you are ready to get a quote or you wish to discuss the requirements of your move with one of our moving experts, please don’t hesitate to contact our team by calling (08) 8947 1922. If you require assistance in vehicle transport Darwin to Rockhampton or you need moving boxes in Darwin to prepare your belongings, our team will be delighted to help.
If all the information above wasn’t what you’re looking for, here are a few links and helpful bits of information… Hopefully this helps you find what you’re looking for on our site
Removalists Rockhampton to Darwin
Click the link if you were intending to search for Removalists Rockhampton to Darwin instead.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Darwin.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalists Rockhampton.
Buy Moving Boxes Darwin
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for a more information
Backload Darwin to Rockhampton
We find a lot of customers asking for a backload, expecting that this is going to be a lot cheaper than a full-service move from a company like Whybirds, but it’s not always the case. Why not reach out and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Darwin to Rockhampton
Distance from Darwin to Rockhampton
The distance is 2,900km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 31 hours.
Furniture Storage Darwin
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Darwin to Rockhampton
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs (cats welcome too!). We only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies to ensure your pet is properly cared for.
Fun Facts about Rockhampton
Our customers live in interesting places, click the link for the top 10 fun facts about Darwin.
Fun Facts about Rockhampton
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Rockhampton, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!