At Whybirds, we view our suppliers as partners, they are intrinsic to our ability in delivering the highest quality services and they are vital for us to succeed in our commitment to customer satisfaction.
As our partner, we expect you to fully embrace the ethical code that we do business by. Whybirds aims to unite its strengths with its suppliers’ to make full use of the opportunities presented. We expect our suppliers as well as their suppliers and subcontractors to fully comply with applicable laws and adhere to nationally and internationally recognised environmental, social and corporate governance standards.
Whybirds have a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption. Our Supplier Code of Conduct encourages our suppliers to embrace our commitment and to develop a similar code into their business. As our supplier/partner, we expect you to embrace the following standards:
Anti-Corruption and Bribery:
- Never engage in any form of bribery, either directly or through any third party.
- Work against corruption including bribery and extortion in all forms.
- Never offer or make an improper payment, or authorise an improper payment (cash or otherwise) to any individual, including any local or foreign official anywhere in the world.
- Never attempt to induce an individual, or a local or foreign official to act illegally or improperly.
- Never offer, or accept, money or anything of value, such as gifts, kickbacks or commissions, in connection with the procurement of business or the award of a contract.
- Never offer or give any gift or token of hospitality to any public employee or government official or representative if there is any expectation or implication for a return favour.
- Never accept any gift from any business partner if there is any suggestion that a return favour will be expected or implied.
- Never facilitate payments to obtain a level of service which one would not normally be entitled to.
- Never disregard or fail to report any indication of improper payments to the appropriate authorities.
- Never induce or assist another individual to break any applicable law or regulation.
- Comply with all applicable environmental regulations
- Promote the safe and environmentally sound development, manufacture, transport, use and disposal of your products
- Protect your employees’ and neighbours’ health, as well as the general public at large against hazards inherent in your processes and products
- Use resources efficiently, apply energy efficient, environmentally friendly technologies and reduce waste, as well as emissions in air, water and soil
- Minimise impact on biodiversity, climate change and water scarcity
- Support the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights, including minimum wage and working hours
- Eliminate forced labour, child labour and discrimination in the workplace
- Comply with all applicable health and safety regulations
- Uphold the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- As a minimum, potable drinking water, adequate sanitation, fire exits, essential safety equipment, access to emergency medical care and appropriately lit and equipped work stations must be provided
Our relationship with you is based on mutual trust and respect. However, Whybirds may ask you to verify your compliance with these standards and to take corrective action if there is a reason for concern. Verification could take the form of a self-assessment questionnaire with supporting evidence, third-party assessments, certifications and/or statements confirming your compliance, and/or an on-site audit by us or a third party. We reserve the right to terminate an agreement with any supplier/partner who does not comply with the Code.
Thank you for your commitment to the Whybirds Supplier Code of Conduct.
(This policy was reviewed August 2023)